Tiki Camper Rentals Insurance
All Tiki camper rentals standard rates include standard vehicle insurance.
The following cover is provided:
- Demurrage costs, which is the rental rate for the days the vehicle is not available for hire due to accident repairs. (No more than two weeks)
- Public Liability up to NZ$10,000,000
- Damage to tiki campers including overhead and under body damage, single vehicle accident or vehicle roll over, or damage to third party property
- A Bond/Excess of $1,500 must be paid on uplifting the campervan. The hirer will be responsible for the first $1,500 of any costs incurred due to damage to the hired vehicle or third party property.
- The Bond/Excess must be paid either by cash or credit card. If a credit card is used, the amount will not be debited from the credit card account but a pre-authorisation will be obtained from the credit card company and held on file by tiki camper rentals until the vehicle is returned without damage to the vehicle or third party property and within the terms of the rental agreement. The client must have sufficient credit with the credit card company to enable tiki camper rentals to secure the authorisation on pick up.
- The authorisation will be cancelled on return of the vehicle on the due drop off date, in a clean undamaged condition, with no damage incurred to the hired vehicle or third party property, and with a full tank of fuel and empty toilet and waste water tanks
Payment of NZ$20 per day ( Maximum NZ$620 for any one hire ) or NZ$35 per day for hirers under the age of 25 years. ( maximum NZ$1085 for any one hire) will reduce the bond/excess to NZ$250
- The hirer will be responsible for the first NZ$250 of any costs incurred due to damage to the hired vehicle or third party property.
The following exclusions apply to both Standard and Premium options:
The hirer will be fully liable for any damage to the tiki vehicle or third party property if:
- Damage is caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damage is due to careless, wilful or reckless driving.
- The hirer makes repairs to the vehicle without tiki camper rentals permission.
- The terms of the rental agreement entered into with tiki camper rentals are breached.
- The hirer admits liability and accepts responsibility for third party damage.
- Negligence, or other act of the hirer results in water submersion or salt water damage.